SKOUT CYBERSECURITY Named to 2019 MSSP Alert Top 200 Managed Security Services Providers List
NEW YORK, September 20, 2019, MSSP Alert, published by After Nines Inc., has named SKOUT CYBERSECURITY to the Top 200 MSSPs list for 2019 (http://www.msspalert.com/top200). The list and research identify and honor the top 200 managed security services providers (MSSPs) that specialize in comprehensive, outsourced cybersecurity services.
Previous editions of the annual list honored 100 MSSPs. This year’s edition, at twice the size, reflects MSSP Alert’s rapidly growing readership and the world’s growing consumption of managed security services. MSSP Alert’s readership has grown every month, year over year, since launching in May 2017.
The Top 200 MSSP rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2019 readership survey combined with aggregated third-party research. MSSPs featured throughout the list and research proactively monitor, manage and mitigate cyber threats for businesses, government agencies, educational institutions and nonprofit organizations of all sizes.
“We are honored to be recognized as a leader in the cybersecurity space. Our focus on partnerships with MSPs to protect SMBs is already proving impactful in achieving our vision, to make cybersecurity accessible to everyone,” said Mike Hanauer, CRO of SKOUT.
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate SKOUT on this year’s honor,” said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “Amid the ongoing cybersecurity talent shortage, thousands of MSPs and IT consulting firms are striving to move into the managed security market. The Top 200 list honors the MSSP market’s true pioneers.”
MSSP Alert: Top 200 MSSPs 2019 – Research Highlights
The MSSP Alert readership survey revealed several major trends in the managed security services provider market. Chief among them:
- The Top 5 business drivers for managed security services are talent shortages; regulatory compliance needs; the availability of cloud services; ransomware attacks; and SMB customers demanding security guidance from partners.
- 69% of MSSPs now run full-blown security operations centers (SOCs) in-house, with 19% leveraging hybrid models, 8% completely outsourcing SOC services and 4% still formulating strategies.
- The Top 10 cybersecurity vendors assisting MSSPs, in order of reader preference, are Fortinet, AT&T Cybersecurity, Cisco Systems, BlackBerry Cylance, Palo Alto Networks, Microsoft, SonicWall, Carbon Black, Tenable and Webroot (a Carbonite company).
- Although the overall MSSP market enjoys double-digit percentage growth rates, many of the Top 200 MSSPs have single-digit growth rates because they are busy investing in next-generation services – including managed detection and response (MDR), SOC as a Service, and automated penetration testing.
The Top 200 MSSPs list and research are overseen by Content Czar Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri). Find the online list and associated report here:http://www.msspalert.com/top200.
About SKOUT CYBERSECURITY
Based in New York, SKOUT provides a cloud-native data analytics platform that delivers effective and affordable cybersecurity solutions for small and mid-sized businesses (“SMBs”), delivered by managed services providers (MSPs). SKOUT’s highly flexible technology architecture works regardless of where customer data resides, allowing MSPs to secure organizations of all sizes without the need for additional personnel. Its experienced team of highly trained analysts also works with customers to understand the evolving cyber threat landscape, and to assess and provide guidance on cyber-incident response procedures. SKOUT is committed to making cybersecurity accessible to all businesses. Find out more at https://getskout.com/.
About After Nines Inc.
After Nines Inc. provides timeless IT guidance for strategic partners and IT security professionals across ChannelE2E (www.ChannelE2E.com) and MSSP Alert (www.MSSPAlert.com). ChannelE2E tracks every stage of the IT service provider journey — from entrepreneur to exit. MSSP Alert is the global voice for Managed Security Services Providers (MSSPs).
- For sponsorship information contact After Nines Inc. CEO Amy Katz, Amy@AfterNines.com
- For content and editorial questions contact After Nines Inc. Content Czar Joe Panettieri, Joe@AfterNines.com