Cybersecurity Threat Advisory 0057-19: Cisco Addresses Serious Flaws in Wireless Access Points
What is the threat?
Why is this noteworthy?
What is the exposure or risk?
What can you do?
- Install the updates provided by Cisco immediately after appropriate testing.
- Run all software as a non-privileged user (one without administrative privileges) to diminish the effects of a successful attack and, as an additional best practice, apply the Principle of Least Privilege to all systems and services including networking and network access point management.
- Remind users not to visit websites or follow links provided by unknown or untrusted sources. This includes hyperlinks in emails, text messages, and/or phone calls in addition to links in web pages.
- Aironet 1540 Series APs
- Aironet 1560 Series APs
- Aironet 1800 Series APs
- Aironet 1810 Series APs
- Aironet 1830 Series APs
- Aironet 1850 Series Aps
- Aironet 2800 Series APs
- Aironet 3800 Series APs
- Aironet 4800 APs
- Aironet 9100 APs
- Firepower Management Center (FMC) Software
- FMC Software releases earlier than Release 6.5.0
- Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) Software releases 188.8.131.52 and earlier
- Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) Software releases earlier than Release 8.10
- SPA112 2-Port Phone Adapter and SPA122 ATA with Router devices that are running firmware releases 1.4.1 SR4 and earlier and that have the web-based management interface enabled.
- 250 Series Smart Switches
- 350 Series Managed Switches
- 550X Series Stackable Managed Switches
- Expressway Series and TelePresence VCS running a software release earlier than Release X12.5.4
- TelePresence CE Software releases earlier than Release 9.8.0
- TelePresence CE Software releases earlier than Release 9.8.1
- SPA100 Series ATAs that were running firmware releases 1.4.1 SR3 and earlier
- Business 200 Series Smart Switches
- Business 300 Series Managed Switches
- Business 500 Series Stackable Managed Switches
- ISE Software releases earlier than Release 2.4.0 Patch 10
- ISE releases earlier than 2.4P10 or 2.3P7
- FindIT Network Probe versions 1.0.0 and 1.0.1