Cybersecurity Threat Advisory 001-20: COVID-19 Live Map Downloads Delivering Malware
What are the Recommendations?
- Verify the authenticity of websites before downloading any software.
- Organization should implement two factor authentication for all account and a strong password policy.
- Provide security awareness training to users to spot phishing emails.
- Utilize a strong next-gen endpoint protection that blocks malware such as SKOUT Endpoint Protection.
- Utilize email protection service that can spot malicious emails and attachment before users interact with it such as SKOUT Email Protection.
- Ensure users have the least amount of privileges on their accounts.
- Turn off macros in Microsoft Office. Documents that require macros should never be received through email.
- Use a trusted web proxy, this will typically block connections attempting to be made to malware command and control (CnC) servers.
- Make sure your system is kept up to date with the latest patches and updates.